SMA Prep Jr. Raiders
Raiders is an extreme adventurer sport made up of a small team of cadets working toward the same goal. SMA Prep was the first school to introduce raiders at the middle school level and now competitions involving area middle schools include running, obstacles, backpacks, and more. Physical conditioning and teamwork are the core elements required for team success. Jr. Raiders go on field trips to Treeumph, learn to rappel, camp, and build rope bridges!
Start Date: TBD in January
Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:15pm - 5:30pm
Tryouts will be held 2 weeks prior to Winter Break
If you are interested in trying out for the *2021-22 Jr. Raiders team, start preparing now so your endurance can develop over time!
- Tryouts begin approx. 2 weeks before Winter break.
- Set a goal to run up to 2 miles (start at your own pace and set a new goal each day).
- Develop a daily routine that includes push-up, sit-ups, & pull-ups.
- Complete your athletic packet early in the new school year.
Tryouts for the Jr. Raiders is competitive and there is more than one criteria that is considered to make the team!
- Showing endurance, perseverence, strong character, integrity, and respect are an important part of making the team.
- Grades and referrals can also be a factor in making the team so be sure to work hard and show respect both on and off campus.