SMA High Home > JROTC
What is JROTC?
All students become cadets at SMA High, and all cadets are engaged in the Army Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corp. JROTC is designed to teach high school students the value of citizenship, leadership, and service to the community, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment, while instilling self-esteem, teamwork, and self-discipline. Its focus is reflected in its mission statement, “to motivate young people to be better citizens.” It prepares high school students for responsible leadership roles while making them aware of responsibilities and privileges as American citizens. The JROTC program provides the backbone of the SMA culture and gives each cadet an opportunity to become a leader to his or her own potential and desire. The JROTC program is what makes SMA the special place that it is.
REGIMENTAL STAFF APPLICATIONS
2023 - 24 Senior Leadership
DUE 1 MARCH
The Regimental Staff plays an integral role in coordinating and organizing activities and collecting and providing feedback as student representatives. They are expected to: be ambassadors who embody the school values, be approachable, reliable and trustworthy with high expectations of themselves and others, take an active role in all aspects of the school community, work with others (students, teachers, parents and community members) to achieve the best possible outcomes. Applications are due no later than 1 March 2023 to CW3 Munoz.
- Minimum weighted GPA of 3.0 (2.5 unweighted)
- Must be a senior (Class of 2024).
- Must have held a junior leadership position. (Make sure it is annotated on your JUMS Record)
- Must have participated on a JROTC Team/SMA Sport
Two Letters of recommendation (1 JROTC and 1 Academic)
- JUMS Record (Updated, see your JROTC Instructor)
- Grade Report (1st Semester Report Card)
- Review the qualifications and job descriptions for each position.
- Complete the online application. School website.
- Submit your letters of recommendations, JUMS Record, and Grade Report CW3 Brenda Munoz.