SMA High Home > JROTC
Sarasota Military Academy
Formal Dress Code
- SMA Senior male cadets must wear Class A uniform. SMA Juniors and Non-SMA males are required to wear a suit with collared shirt, tie, dress pants and dress shoes
Formal Military Ball attire is classified as floor length dresses. The specific modesty standards are:
- No excessive cleavage.
- No openings in the dress between the waistline and the knee
- Dress may be strapless as long as support is not an issue
- The back of the dress, which may be open, must not fall below the waist
- Bare abdomens or bare midriffs are not permitted
- Two piece dresses are not allowed
- Undergarments should not be visible
- No “hi-low” dresses
All students become cadets at SMA High, and all cadets are engaged in the Army Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corp. JROTC is designed to teach high school students the value of citizenship, leadership, and service to the community, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment, while instilling self-esteem, teamwork, and self-discipline. Its focus is reflected in its mission statement, “to motivate young people to be better citizens.” It prepares high school students for responsible leadership roles while making them aware of responsibilities and privileges as American citizens. The JROTC program provides the backbone of the SMA culture and gives each cadet an opportunity to become a leader to his or her own potential and desire. The JROTC program is what makes SMA the special place that it is.
LTC Ben Weiss Named the 2020 USACC JROTC Senior Army Instructor of the Year (opens in new window/tab)
Future soilders at SMA launched their Careers in the 1st Nationwide Oath of Enlistment Ceremony from Space