1. I will read and abide by all rules and policies as outlined on the SMA Website, to include the Cadet Code of Conduct.
(MS Cadet Handbook
~ HS Cadet Handbook
2. I will take an active role in my learning process by giving my best effort and advocating for myself. I will be responsible for completing and submitting class assignments and homework.
3. I will always wear the uniform correctly in accordance with the Regulation for Wear and Appearance of the SMA uniforms at all times, to include bus stops, field trips and after school activities.
4. I will comply with the Academy’s random drug-testing policy. (High School Only)
5. I will display good manners and demonstrate proper courtesy to staff and faculty at all times.
6. I will not intimidate, harass, bully, or threaten anyone, and I will not tolerate it in others. I will report bullying or inappropriate behavior that I witness. I will settle disputes and conflicts peacefully, using respectful language.
7. I will attend classes on a regular basis with no more than nine absences in a semester.
8. I will care for books, furniture, equipment, and rooms properly and help others to do the same.
9. I will help keep the campus clean by following the “Don’t pass it up; Pick it up!” code, and I will be respectful of others’ rights and property.
10. I will not bring materials or objects to school that will be disruptive to the educational process, such as smart watches, which are prohibited, and will abide by the Electronic Device Policy
when bringing cell phones or other electronic devices to school.
11. I will be responsible for bringing any notice from my teachers or parents/guardians, to or from school.
12. I will exhibit the principles of good sportsmanship.
13. I will move from one area of the school to another in a quiet and orderly manner.
14. I will not chew gum on campus, and I will politely remind others of the same.
15. I will abide by the Computer and Network Policy
as posted on the SMA website.
16. I will adhere to the Academy Honor Code ~ Honoring Self, Family, Community, and our Nation.
*I understand that SMA requires Cadets to have self-discipline, integrity, endurance, determination, and a willingness to work hard and to build and display strength of character. I am entering SMA with the understanding that I am ready to take responsibility for my learning and actions, and with the full support of my parents/guardians. I understand that I may be asked to return to my district school if I repeatedly violate this agreement.